As we start a new term Indie (the office hugger) and I took some time out to reflect on where we are as a business and the new beginnings Spring provides.
* Three years ago we began delivering some independent attendance consultancy support to one school who needed to reduce its persistent absence to below 20% which we achieved in under 2 years (it is now less than 8% (Covid-aside)).
* Three years later we now work with in excess of 50 schools in all phases of education (primary; secondary and APA) and across 3 Local Authority areas.
* Our retention rates with our schools remains exceptionally high (98%) and we value the relationship we have with the school staff we work with hugely. All of our work with parents, schools and other agencies is very much partnership based.
* We continue to expand our training programmes for schools and have delivered training on school attendance and exclusions across a number of multi-academy trusts to both school staff and governors over the last three years. Feedback from the training has been excellent and we continue to ensure our knowledge is current to make sure we give schools the best value possible.
* From a team of one we have expanded to three (not including the two office dogs who seem to sleep rather than work!). We employed a new member of staff in September who has settled into her role and brings a freshness and a new pair of eyes to the team.
* Our Service Level Agreement offer has gone out to our current schools today – we are retaining our prices at last year’s rates and will continue to deliver the same great service. Already some of those SLA’s have been returned and we will be looking at expanding our offer to other schools this term.
* Covid has taught us new ways of working and we continue to deliver the same service in a variety of different formats to meet the needs of our schools.
🙏So today I want to say thank you to the schools I am currently working with and the team around me for continuing to focus on achieving the best outcomes we can for the young people we work with.🙏
Looking forward to seeing what the next three years brings!